Sunday, June 15, 2008

Third week of GSoC

In the past two weeks, I realized that the design I proposed in my previous post was flawed. The socket wrapper in xmpppy doesn't allow for multiple wrappers per client, and it has unnecessary functionalities for the TCP connection object. Therefore, I am currently refactoring the NonBlockingTcp and NonBlockingClient classes in xmpppy. My next step will be implementing a BOSHTransport that can be plugged into the client just like the socket wrapper. Please note that this is still subject to change, so I will provide a class diagram next week.

In the meantime, I have created a unit testing template for NonBlockingClient. I have also set up openfire, punjab, and araneo on my virtual server for testing purposes, and jwchat on localhost for traffic analysis.

You may have noticed my posts appearing multiple times on planet jabber. This is because whenever I edit a post, Blogger updates the <updated> tag in the feed, and the planet reader sorts entries based on the update time instead of the original publication time. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to ignore entry updates in the planet reader or exclude the update time from the Blogger feed. I am considering moving to Wordpress, as it allows for importing the blog from Blogger, or finding a way to manipulate the feed on my own. Until then, I won't be able to maintain information in my posts or fix any typos.

For a comprehensive list of XMPP software that supports BOSH, you can now visit the jabber.org wiki. I noticed a few more tigase projects on the list that I wasn't aware of, which is pretty cool.

No comments: